10 Consulting Group
Rob has more than three decades planning experience in local government and private consulting practice in Victoria. Rob's leadership in the planning industry has been recognised through awards, including a Life Fellowship of the Planning Institute of Australia and Fellowship of the Victorian Planning and Environmental Law Association.
10 Consulting Group is the platform for the delivery of his special blend of skills and experience. It is also a select and unique opportunity for others with similar values and aspirations to join and share in his passion to deliver the highest quality of service to those who need a range of planning services.
Others will aspire to or be invited to join the power and group of 10 as it establishes among the leading planning practises in Victoria.
By retaining a member of 10 you get the service of the individual and the support of the group.
A great year - A new home
10 has been operational since June 2010. We have had a busy and fast moving year.
We are grateful for the support and business of a diverse range of clients who have brought us plenty of interesting challenges, making our first year of business memorable, rewarding and a sound platform upon which to grow our business.
As a measure of our growth its time to move from Gladstone Street to our new office at Suite 3 / 2 Yarra Street, South Melbourne. The phone numbers are the same but the offices reflect our maturing business, can accommodate our growth and provide the level of facilities and amenity sought by clients and staff.
We are even easier to access, located just behind Clarendon Street, with a tram nearby and plenty of parking. Business over a cup of coffee or a bite to eat will be most clients' choice with so many options in and around Clarendon Street.
In our first year we have been involved in over 100 projects, including:
- A 2020 vision for the Shire of Mitchell
- A review of the Queenscliff Planning Scheme
- Work with DPCD on the bushfire response
- Guidelines for the Northern Plains Grass lands with DSE
- Building guidelines on smaller lots and steeper slopes with the Shire of Baw Baw
- Evidence on numerous higher rise developments in Lygon Street and Sydney Road for the City of Moreland and others in and around the CBD and inner city
- Forensic historic reviews, advice and evidence for VicRoads, Linking Melbourne Authority and various land owners affected and acquired for the Geelong Bypass, Craigieburn Bypass, Mornington Peninsula Link, Pakenham Bypass, Western Highway and other similar
- Planning and works approval for an organics composting facility by Australian Native Landscapes at Nagambie
- A motor recreation and education venue for the Shire of Cardinia
- Evidence on waste management projects in Greater Dandenong and Golden Plains
- Net community benefit analysis for the Mornington Harbour for the Mornington Peninsula Shire
- Various restrictive covenant challenges under the Property Law Act 1984 Many medium density housing appeals for a range of small builders and proponents
- Evidence on behalf of the City of Maribyrnong to the Victorian Ports inquiry.
Our big plans
While we may remain a relatively small company we have some big plans and ideas for 10. Aside from providing some plain good advice and direction for clients we will be keenly pursuing one of the principles underpinning the establishment of our company.
Clients usually want assurance that they are getting the best advice and great value for their money.
Practitioners with a really good depth and breadth of experience are best placed to fulfil this expectation. Thatís why 10 will be seeking out a few other select sole practitioners in planning or allied and complementary services to join us. A collegiate environment of senior, commercially, independent professionals, pooling their knowledge and experience, under one banner while sharing the cost of business overheads, provides a special work environment and value prospect for clients.
In time there will probably be 10 of us!
If this sounds like you and you think you would qualify - call us on 9686 9914
There are at least 10 good reasons why we have called the business 10. Over the next few editions of this news page we will share some of those reasons, but it started with a realisation that Rob was completing 10 years with his most recent employer and felt he had about 10 years left in him!!
Careers with 10
Seniority carries a responsibility to be a mentor to younger professionals. If you would like a mentor or to explore the opportunity to work with us, give Rob a ring.